Interamericano De Sociedades De Microscopía
The purpose of the CIASEM shall be to increase and diffuse, for scientific and educational goals, the science, practice and instrumentation of microscopy, on the American continent.
CIASEM is a regional umbrella organization with responsibility to:
- hold an Interamerican Congress of Microscopy every two years.
- sponsor and organize regional meetings and conferences
- publish Acta
- appoint the Editor-in-Chief of Acta Microscopica
- set up committees and other bodies
- initiate, promote and co-ordinate exchange programs between member societies and with societies having related interests in other continents
- participate in joint committees with other scientific bodies in matters of interest to CIASEM.